FC Nemean Lions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Words

+3
FrancisM
Eoris
Beryllium
7 posters

Go down

Final Words Empty Final Words

Post by Trickspeed 30th November 2018, 13:39

(P.S: If you read this, PM me on the forums! I still check them from time to time, and I'd love to hear from you!)

FC Nemean Lions has been 'unofficially' over for quite a while now. A few attempts have been made to bring it back, but these were half-hearted and more of a case of players simply playing under the umbrella of FC Nemean Lions, without actually being a real representation of the PMC. To my mind, the PMC played their last ever game on the 27th October 2015 against Serene (who?) and in typical FCNL fashion, we lost, with former players scoring against us. Not much ever changed!

That puts us at around 3700 'real' games played since we began as a PMC all the way back in 2009. We lost more than we won - quite a lot more, actually - but I'm immensely proud of the things we achieved here.

When the 'old guard' quit the PMC, myself and Dezzlor tried to revive it, with Niko telling us (in Spanish) that he doubted we lasted more than a month before finishing too. And why would we have? We didn't have the faintest clue of where to start. There weren't any players left in FCNL, as they'd all either quit the game or gone elsewhere. Realistically, looking back at it, we probably weren't ready to handle all the responsibility that running the PMC entailed, anyway. As players, Dezzlor was a pretty good attacker, but I was shocking. Looking back through old coaches threads, the general consensus was that I was very friendly but about as useful on the pitch as Helen Keller would be. I must admit to being slightly concerned that they thought I had an 'alarming lack of knowledge about defending' considering I've been a defender all my life, but I guess I was no better in real life than on FS!

If it wasn't for Devean, I suspect that they would have rejected my trial. On a list Niko created of members to keep, my name was nowhere to be found. but Dev wanted to keep me around for my 'team spirit' and because I was a 'nice guy.' Jjay probably put it best when saying 'he's not very good, but he's very active.' Niko also thought that I was "really worse everyday dont learn....just the contrary." That doesn't bode well!

Still, Devean coaxed them into letting me stay, giving me the proud honour of being the worst player to ever pull on the Lions shirt. That would prove to be particularly pertinent, as Devean would soon rejoin the Lions with me and Dezzlor, wanting to help the club rebuild. Without his help, I don't think we ever would have gotten back underway. I can't remember whether I was manager from the start of the 'new' FCNL or whether it took some time - Devean would have been a much better choice than me! - but I do remember that we slowly started to recruit new players. We didn't just want anybody, though. Even then, we wanted to do things in the right way, the Nemean Lions way. Back then on FS, goalkeepers would pick up backpasses with no repercussions, and every team would consistently play backpasses to the keeper to get them out of any potential trouble. Not us, though. We had a strict club policy that we wouldn't pass the ball back to the keeper as it went against what 'real' football should be about. We were willing to kick players that couldn't stick to the rule, even if they were the best we had at the club (and I have no doubt that it put off some people from applying in the first place).

We did manage to build a squad of players that were willing to buy into the Nemean Lions way, and, far from lasting less than a month, we managed to last nearly five years. Not bad going, when you think about it! The final match of the 'old' FCNL was a 4-0 loss to Cheetahs in November 2010, with somebody called SexDude playing for Cheetahs. The first game of the 'new' FCNL came five months later. We were far from a big squad, but myself, Dezzlor, Devean and Caledonian beat East Park Crew 2-1 in a 5 a side game. I scored (naturally) but the real highlight there must be Devean scoring what was probably his only ever goal for the club!

We actually won our first four matches as the new FCNL, including our first 7 a side game, beating Dniprovski Kruchi 3-1. Of course, that winning streak wouldn't last, and we continued to lose more games than we won, but we did have some small success. We enjoyed a decent record in the small one and two day tournaments, and we claimed the club's only silverware by winning the Italian League in 2013, a tournament so illustrious that I had no recollection of it even existing - and I ran the fucking thing!

We weren't the greatest on the pitch (far from it), and I was almost certainly a terrible manager, but as aforementioned, I couldn't be prouder of what we did achieve here. I firmly believe that we created an atmosphere that was fun, relaxed, and welcoming. We would never be competing at the top of FS, but everybody could come online and enjoy themselves. Considering how often we lost, there was a great camaraderie, and despite having the chance to have more success if we played football the way the bigger PMCs did (exploits, basically) we never wavered in our commitment to doing things the right way. I'd say that, in the respects that matter, we were pretty damn great. I stuck in the PMC for 6 years, hundreds of misplaced longshots, over 1,000 games, thousands of laughs and at least tens of wins. I like to think that we were ahead of the curve when it came to making things 'fun' (internal tournaments, joking around on IRC and VOIP, mental forum posts). We had a reputation as being a fun, extremely likeable PMC, to the point where we even had a player join us on loan from Atletico Castilla because he wanted to practice his English in a comfortable environment. I'm far happier to have had that reputation than any wins could have ever made me.

Looking at all the users registered on the forums, there are so many names that stick out. I'd like to mention a few here, and know that if I've missed you out, it's not because you weren't important, but because my hand bloody kills from writing this out. Every single player who ever played for the club was important, and has a part in a proud legacy.

Crossybot - The chances of you reading this are less than zero, considering you haven't been at the PMC for about 8 years! I remember my first ever trial game - FCNL was the first (and ultimately only) PMC I'd ever applied to, and I was on a team with you and Ribiero as FCNC against the 'real' members of FCNL. I want to say we won, but I'm not certain - but what I am certain about is that Ribeiro had a shot saved, and I went for the rebound - it was a tap in, but I was supremely nervous that I was going to fuck it up. It went in, but I needn't have worried - I would go on to fuck up many easier chances than that in more important games over the years.

Dizzach - I have no idea who you are, but you've posted one time on this forum and your bio is simply 'I HATE THIS PMC.' Strong. I like it.

Lewbow - Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That takes me back. You were either a troll or a kid with real issues. Either way, I hope you're doing better now.

Dezzlor/JonnySarge - Thanks for helping me rebuild the club, Dezz. We wouldn't have had a second FCNL without you. You were a great guy, even if you didn't appreciate me mixing up Ireland and Northern Ireland from time to time!

EmoJessie - I have no idea what to think. I can't decide if you were a man blatantly pretending to be a woman, or genuinely a woman who just liked to overdo her posts with hearts and kisses. Either way, you disappeared in the middle of an FSC match with myself and Goalhound and were never seen again. Whether that was because you'd simply tired of FS or because the police had just kicked your door down, we'll never know.

Pillager - You could be playing in World Cups right now and I wouldn't realise! You were a great defender in game, and if you were telling the truth (and, unlike EmoJessie, I have no reason to think otherwise) must have been a pretty handy one in real life, considering you had a trial with Liverpool Ladies! You weren't around for all that long, but you're one of the people that come to mind when I think about my time in FC Nemean Cubs.

Goalhound - Goalie! I always got on well with you, and you were a far better finisher than I ever was. Hope things are going well for you.

JBourneFTW - What a fantastic guy you were. Nothing but love for you, Bourne. You were good enough to be an FCNL player when you were about level 20, and I remain convinced that with a higher leveled account you'd have been our answer to Messi. I have no idea if your parents did send you to Nepal, but wherever you are, I hope you're enjoying life.

Jjay - A big part of my early days at the club. An excellent defender and supremely friendly, you helped make me feel at home here. Unfortunately, you seemed to disappear shortly after leaving for a new club, and I never saw you around again. Hope you're doing okay, mate.

Danils - We got on incredibly well near the start of my FCNL 'career'. We were both among the weaker players in the squad, but I like to think we made each other look better by comparison! It's a shame you got bored of the game, but at least Celtic are doing well Wink

Micromuis - I don't know if you realised how funny you are, but you were absolutely hilarious. Keep making people laugh Smile

Kinchenko - What an absolute fucking prick you were. You might have changed, but I doubt it somehow.

Begbie - The only one that I really remember from the short lived re-creation of FC Nemean Cubs. Your 5 a side football game was great, but did you ever make a version in English so I can understand what I was doing?

Paixtis and Pirlo - You guys were awesome. So friendly, and so much fun to be around. I hope you're both good.

Leeee/Caledonian - What a nice, nice guy. Real salt of the earth kind of person. Hoping that your health is holding up okay.

Bobbyc - Likewise. Incredibly genuine. Really regret dropping you from the PMC. Definitely a mistake.

Labyad - I don't really know who you actually are. Not that I can talk about that... Still, I hope you're doing okay. Whoever you are.

FrancisM - Sincere apologies about the age incident. I completely let you down with that. You're an absolutely top man, and I'm sorry that I damaged our friendship with that.

Beryllium - Jesus Christ, I could write a book on all the stuff that happened. We got on great though, despite our arguments and that time you threatened to stab me.

Devean - Without you, there would never have been a new FCNL. One of my favourite people in the game. You were incredibly nice, patient, and directly responsible for nearly everything that would happen with FCNL. It was such a shame that you went off the grid after an argument with TMB. Hope life is treating you well.

Motty/Akuutyiagi/Madara/Ellinho/Abikacool/AdsGerk - The ones I consider to be the 'new core'. Love you all I love you

Niko/Ribeiro/Ziano - Thank you for giving me a chance. You guys were superb. I'm eternally grateful for everything you guys did, and I hope that the new FCNL did you proud.

So, where from here?

Well, who knows! Life often throws up some unexpected twists. One thing I can say with certainty, however, is that FC Nemean Lions are now 'officially' finished as PMC in FS. Realistically, we've been closed for a couple of years, but I think it's time to make it official, seeing as the game is on its last legs (that's what you get for banning me for no reason, you fuckers!)

That doesn't mean that FC Nemean Lions is completely dead in the water, however. Who knows what the future holds? Maybe a new game comes along, or maybe we form a FIFA club, or form a dance group, or an everlasting conga line. (Sounds tiring). I'm not ruling anything out.

How many people will actually read this? I suspect very few. Only about 10 people came onto the forums last year, although it's possible people are still checking every so often without signing in. But if you are reading this, thank you. No matter who you were (unless you were Lewbow) you played a big part in making FCNL the special club that it was.

Thank you so much, and best of luck for the future.

Trickspeed

Trickspeed
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2010-06-11

Management Rating
Activity:
Final Words Left_bar_bleue2/10Final Words Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Final Words Empty Re: Final Words

Post by Beryllium 4th December 2018, 17:18

FC Nemean Lions - ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Bery)

Beryllium
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2013-02-12

Management Rating
Activity:
Final Words Left_bar_bleue10/10Final Words Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Attitude:
Final Words Left_bar_bleue8/10Final Words Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eoris 5th December 2018, 00:32

Im a bit disappointed to see, that Madara, Me (Obito/Eoris) and Laby who have put so much time and effort to keep FCNL's name still shouting in everyones ears, keeping FCNL and the history alive and not only competing but succesfully making FCNL one of the strongest PMC's at times wasnt even worth a proper mention. I've read the whole thing just to find out that the love we put in FCNL after you getting banned and keeping it a "PMC that never dies" for more than 4 years now.

https://gyazo.com/567be3f06ece95bcdb63d161628c0eb2

wasnt even enough to be recognized by the one we actually tried to keep this PMC alive for.
Anyways thanks for everything, without that i would have probably never made the friends that ive spent the most of my time with in FS.
Eoris
Eoris
Nemean Water boy
Nemean Water boy

Registration date : 2014-03-31

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickspeed 5th December 2018, 12:47

Eoris! It's been a long time mate, I hope you're doing well!

Apologies, it absolutely wasn't my intention to disrespect you guys like that. There's no doubt that the most successful period the club ever went through was under you guys (by a mile). I wanted to write something a bit more, but I didn't for two reasons:

1: I feel like the game has completely moved away from any semblance of football, and is now more about bonding and tanking than actually playing football. I don't see many passes in tournament videos, it's more about running down the line and crossing it or trying to slide it under the keeper. Nothing to do with you guys of course, but I just didn't feel like this era of FS really represented what FCNL was about.

2: I've heard from a few people that the recent FCNL were getting into arguments quite often with various PMCs, including a big one with Galaktik Football? Now, I don't know if that's true, but it's what I've heard from a few people. FCNL always enjoyed friendly relationships with nearly every PMC, and I don't think that any team who became argumentative with other clubs can really be considered a true FCNL. (Not that I'm accusing you, because I know that's not the type of person you are, but I have a feeling I know somebody who would have done so...)

I'm very much appreciative of all the work you guys put in, but I hope you can understand why I glossed over it a bit Smile

Trickspeed
Admin
Admin

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by FrancisM 25th December 2018, 13:59

Kinchenko still owes me £100, the fuck.

EllinHO (the most FCNL player ever, just a thoroughly great sister bloke who was a pleasure to play with) sent me the link to this, so I thought I'd log on (after resetting my password) and fire up a reply.

I do think the above is harsh given FCNL's reputation went down the pan when a certain person returned for the umpteenth time... FCNL to me was a bunch of people (yourself, Bourne, Jennyy, Ellinho, Dezz, Akuu, Sully, Aggeloss, Sammo, Siminho, Ads [special shout, as a 12 year old he freaked me out, cos, ya know, he's 12! but seems to have become a really cool, sound dude who I have much respect for] are the first ones that come to mind) who were able to have a laugh, looked to play the game - not the exploits - and were generally just thoroughly decent people who didn't bring a negative tone.

On a side note, the game is an absolute joke and I'm genuinely surprised it's still around, only really stayed on it due to the atmosphere at PMCs, specifically FCNL, Nova and Devils. But when I last played (maybe a year ago?) it was worse than ever! They spent over £13m on this before it went to development, which I think is no mean feat!

Lewbow was real, he gave Shevchenko (German striker, good bloke, nutcase) his real address after sending him a ton of abuse, Shevvy turned up on Lewbow's doorstep when he was over in England...

Look, Tram/Slowtruck, we all make mistakes, we learn from them and we move on - it's all part of growing up, full on respect with the way you came out of RotherhamGate. Less respect for mentioning the play off final...

Genuinely wish you all the best for the future, you're a good egg and I have no doubt you will be a success at whatever you turn your hand to. If, as I think it is, Computer Science, then I'd also advise Red Bull and a travel pillow, 'cos that shit sounds boring as hell! It was a pleasure being in the same PMC as you and co-managing FCNL and the main reason I hung around so long, if I hadn't ended up in a PMC, or the wrong PMC (Fighter) then I'd probably have lasted three months on FS tops! If you're ever about in East/Central London I would happily buy you a beer, presuming you're not still 9 Evil or Very Mad

If there's an FCNL dance group can someone let me know? I'm really good at the YMCA and sprinkler.

Ps. Merry Christmas!

Pps. Fuck Rotherham!

FrancisM
Nemean Lion Key Player
Nemean Lion Key Player

Registration date : 2011-11-03

Management Rating
Activity:
Final Words Left_bar_bleue-9223372036854775808/10Final Words Empty_bar_bleue  (-9223372036854775808/10)
Attitude:
Final Words Left_bar_bleue-9223372036854775808/10Final Words Empty_bar_bleue  (-9223372036854775808/10)
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickspeed 30th January 2019, 17:14

Fran!

Happy new year, bud!

I'll edit this to give a proper response tomorrow, but just noticed that you'd replied and I'd somehow missed it Mad

Trickspeed
Admin
Admin

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by FrancisM 6th February 2019, 18:04

Trickspeed wrote:Fran!

Happy new year, bud!

I'll edit this to give a proper response tomorrow, but just noticed that you'd replied and I'd somehow missed it Mad

You are definitely a Slowtruck. Jesus.

FrancisM
Nemean Lion Key Player
Nemean Lion Key Player

Registration date : 2011-11-03

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickspeed 3rd April 2019, 11:52

Christ, my dementia...

Honestly, it's super weird for me to look back and remember that I used to consider FS a genuinely good game. I know 7 year olds aren't known for their perceptive ability, but it barely even resembles football. £13 million? Talk about pissing money up the wall...

I genuinely have a load of really good memories from FS, though, even though the game was less than perfect, and that's entirely down to the people involved in FCNL, of which I consider you a big part. The period in which you were in FCNL is definitely the one I look back on with the most fondness, and not just because you were competent enough on the game to make up for my many, many shortcomings. An easygoing, friendly, salt of the earth kind of guy, you were - and I'm certain still are - a real joy to be around. At the risk of this sounding a bit like I'm about to propose to you, you're the type of person who really enriches the lives of anybody that's fortunate enough to know them.

You aren't wrong about Computer Science being boring as hell, either Laughing Definitely not for me, that lark. Right now, the plan is to finish up that degree next year and then go into further study by doing some Mental Health training with a view to working in that kind of field. At this rate, I might even end up with as many degrees as you!

Genuinely, I reciprocate your best wishes for the future. I can't pretend to know what you plan to do with your Geography (it is Geography, right?) degree except for use it as a paperweight, but I likewise have no doubt that you'll smash whatever it is you decide to do. I'd put my house on it, except there's a solid 0% chance I can ever actually afford a house in London, so...

If I'm ever in East London the absolute first thing I'm doing is hitting you up for a drink or two, but I'm buying. Call it making up for Kinchenko, the bastard.

An FCNL dance group doesn't sound like the worst idea, honestly. I have zero rhythm, but I was piss poor at FS too and that didn't stop me slogging it out for far longer than I should have done.

P.S. I'm sorry for making fun of cider. Now I'm a fully fledged university student/alcoholic, I have no idea what I was thinking. So much better than beer.

P.P.S: I love you

Trickspeed
Admin
Admin

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Playmakerx 24th April 2019, 15:04

Randomly remembered FCNL and came back to check the site out for old times sake. You guys probably won't remember me Very Happy but fuck I got so much nostalgia from reading this.

I first applied at FCNL as a 12 year old kid, I'm nearly 20 years old now and that freaks me out so bad, I never for one second expected anyone to give me a chance, let alone make some genuinely good friends and make memories over a game as shit as FS :') You guys were genuinely a big part of my life for a while, I have gone into the IRC a couple times in the past 2 years in hope that someone else is there who will remember me.

I joined FC Nemean Cubs as a 12 year old eager to impress and wanted nothing more than to play for FCNL, Trick I recall even gave me his account when the Cruyff server got moved over or something like that. I eventually got a bit burned out by the game and wasn't practicing and never really got good at all at the game, resulting in multiple rejections, but I never had hard feelings and always had massive respect for everyone. You were amazing guys, and I am genuinely glad reading this that you guys are doing well for yourselves.

Despite my constant rejections from FCNL I somehow got into the Scotland National Team on FS despite no fucking Scottish ancestry and also being shit, says a lot I guess Wink

Trick - You were always an amazing guy to me, even giving me an account to give me a chance to play with FCNL. Never had a bad word to say.

Motty - One of the nicest guys I came across, I always remember the Queen lyrics spamming in IRC Smile

Jokeroo - One of my FC Nemean Cubs buddies, even have him on Facebook hahaha, top boy.

Guys like Abika/Ellinho/Fran/Akuu/Laby were also always sound with me as well, even Bery from what I remember, I remember hearing he was a dickhead and he was always sound as fuck when I played with him Very Happy

Thank you all for letting a little shit Manc 12 year old share my memories with you guys, for me to remember this at nearly 20 shows how much you made an impact on me Smile
Playmakerx
Playmakerx
Nemean Kitty Captain
Nemean Kitty Captain

Registration date : 2012-03-03

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jokeroo 2nd May 2019, 13:50

Guys! What an amazing surprise y'all still check in here from time to time (shame on me it's the first time in 2 years when I come back to this forum).

It is pretty sad that this team doesn't exist anymore, but we should form a FIFA team or something as Trick suggested, too bad this game is dead. Also, thank you Playmaker for remembering me bro, and just as you said damn there were so many great moments and the chats on Teamspeak were fun (I think it was Teamspeak Laughing )

Anyway, do never forget the video we used to play before matches. Even if we don't play anymore, all FCNL are champions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs

I just created a FCNL Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/369091863729647/
Feel free to join it if you were / are a FCNL player, we can keep in touch there.

ROAR!
Jokeroo
Jokeroo
Nemean Lion Super Sub
Nemean Lion Super Sub

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Playmakerx 2nd May 2019, 14:10

I joined the FB Group Joker Smile and I second the FIFA team idea, it would be cool for us all to play something together again. I play on PC and Xbox myself but idk what anyone else plays these days Razz I'm better at FIFA than I ever was at FS so don't worry about that one guys Wink
Playmakerx
Playmakerx
Nemean Kitty Captain
Nemean Kitty Captain

Registration date : 2012-03-03

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickspeed 20th May 2019, 17:03

Playmaker and Joker! I love you

This is crazy, I sort of made this post not really expecting anybody to ever see it (I think we were getting about four logins a year to the forum when I made it) but it's a mini party in here!

I've applied to join the group Joker, if we can get a couple more people to join it who knows what we could do...

Trickspeed
Admin
Admin

Management Rating
Activity:
Attitude:
Gameplay:

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 6th July 2021, 08:23

I still love this team  Final Words 1f602  Final Words 1f600
Niko
Niko
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2009-10-06

https://fcnemeanlions.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down